Monday, September 20, 2010

Home away from home


I spent this past weekend at Whistler - not to play, unfortunately, but to work. Though I did get some beautiful shots of the mountains and of the village.







And I got to stay at The Sun Dial, a posh boutique hotel just off the Village Stroll, steps away from the Peak 2 Peak gondola.

The two-bedroom suite I shared with my colleague was just as big, if not bigger, than your standard Vancouver condo. It even had a fully equipped kitchen. I guess most people can't wait to leave their kitchens behind when they go out of town. I, on the other hand, have discovered that having a home away from home with a kitchen to putter around in makes me a happy camper.

Our kitchen at The Sun Dial featured this long, tall, marble-topped iron piece that doubles up beautifully as a work island and dining table. I'm not a fan of high chairs in restaurants (not for adults, anyway) but I think they add a cosy and companionable element at home when they're drawn up to an island like this.





















Family and friends can sit and watch you cook, or help out by chopping veggies or grating cheese. The marble top can be wiped clean and set for dinner in seconds, and meals can be served straight from the stove. What a simple and beautiful solution for today's small spaces and busy lifestyles.


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Cookie @ Cook, Snap, Repeat! said...

I. want. that. table!!! :o)

MariaO said...

So do I!

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon

Definitely gonna recommend this post to a few friends

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.obrazyolejne.tresora.pl]obrazy olejne[/url]

Related Posts with Thumbnails