Tuesday, June 07, 2011

My goodness, it's June!

I've been having too much fun with my folks around. In between bouts of redecorating and shopping expeditions to Ikea, we've been playing tourist. Last Friday night we went to the Richmond Summer Night Market, where we indulged in Asian goodies like takoyaki, Mongolian grilled meat, and duck pancakes.


Takoyaki is my absolute favourite treat. I first discovered them in a hole-in-the-wall Japanese restaurant near work, and once I tried a plate of these hot, crisp, soft, tasty puffs, drizzled with onomiyaki sauce and mayo, and with a little moist and chewy surprise nestled in each one, I was hooked.


Click here for a video demonstration on how to make them at home. But if you decide it's easier to just run out and get some ready-made, I won't blame you! Once you get a yen for takoyaki, it's hard to wait.


The Richmond Summer Night Market is open Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights May through September.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails